A lot is said about SEO and Digital Marketing these days, especially nowadays that the online world is real. Knowing how to use tools that help you and generate more effective results is undoubtedly essential.
SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization, translated as search engine optimization. SEO is a set of techniques that aim to place a website in a prominent position on search pages.
Google, Bing and other search engines are search pages that can be influenced by SEO, for example. The main actions that make up an SEO strategy are: content creation, on-page SEO, authority building and user experience.
What is SEO?
Whenever a page is published on the internet, Google (and other search engines) tries to incorporate it into its database so that it appears as a result. This action is called indexing.
However, there are thousands of pages being published on the Internet every day. This makes the competition huge, obviously. So, how can one page be placed ahead of the others?
That's exactly the job of SEO. Acting as an optimization for the search engines, SEO is a set of techniques that influence search engine algorithms. Through a keyword, the ranking of a page is defined.
Good positioning in SERPs - Search Engine Response Pages is essential for good exposure in searches. Therefore, SEO is considered one of the main search marketing tools.
How does SEO work?
Knowing how SEO works is essential to use it and make the most of it.
O SEO works by dividing it into two points, they are: On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO. These two points work taking into account optimizations that are done so that the page, URL of a website, or even an entire website is better positioned in search engines like Google.
On-Page SEO encompasses optimizations that are done on pages, codes, URLs, site load time, and so on. In other words, optimizations are made internally, within the site, to better position it.
Use the SEO it's basically making your site appear first in searches, you know that. However, applying optimization techniques makes the site more reliable and usable.
Obviously the goal of optimization is to reach the top positions in search, but this also reflects in a substantial improvement of the pages.
Google uses the term you typed, called a keyword, to search the web for information. It analyzes what most has to do with search and what might be most useful to the user.
However, it is useless for the site not to be organized, as the tool cannot see it, which causes the search for new references.
The URL, for example, was previously not thought to optimize searches. People used to use random codes that didn't point to something specific, because it wasn't important.
Today, this is completely different. Google looks for the information including the URL. When the page does not have the keyword in the URL, it loses position in searches.
That's why websites often use keywords in the URL that direct to the subject covered. It certainly attracts a much larger audience for citing the topic and targeting it correctly.
On the other hand, Off-Page SEO is formed from everything that is outside your site. That is, collaboration or even partnerships with other sites in your niche, external links and backlink.
What is a keyword?
The right choice of keyword is a very important element for a good placement in search engines. And it is nothing more than the search term that the user searches to reach a page.
Do you know when you need to buy swimming goggles and search for something like “best swimming goggles”? This is a keyword that needs to be available on any website that sells swimming goggles. So you can find them more easily. That is, you need to research keywords to know the relevant terms when searching for your target audience.
There are two types of keywords:
- Head tail: short terms with one or two words that represent the segment as a whole.
- Long tail: the 'long tail' concept aspires to use more extensive and specific keywords.
The long tail is strongly recommended for small and medium businesses that do not have the capacity to invest in paid media. Mainly because it opens up several options through less competitive keywords.
What are SEO placement factors?
There are several factors that contribute to the definition of the Quality Score. They have different loads and a good SEO strategy must consider each one of them working together.
Even though Google doesn't say what are the most important factors for its crawling and indexing algorithms, it is known that there are more than 200. In other words, there are many aspects to consider in an SEO strategy and many details can make a difference in the ranking.
- Content Quality: The first and most important factor of all is content quality. Represents the importance your page has for a particular search.
- Responsiveness: Google is always concerned about the experience of its users. This importance comes from the company's understanding that it is necessary to deliver the best possible experience to its users, whatever the device used.
- On-page: all changes made within pages. They allow robots to understand what your content is about.
- Domain authority: if you are in the planning phase of your website, get it up and running as soon as possible. Even though it still doesn't have much content when the pages are already on the web, they already start to generate authority.
- Page performance: when your site takes more than 2 seconds to open under normal internet conditions, Google penalizes you. User experience is very important to Google.
- Site architecture: Googlebot reads all the information on a site, lack of organization can make it difficult to understand the algorithm. The structure of the information within the page is essential for navigability, understanding and, of course, the user experience.
- Off page: SEO does not only count within a website, taking actions outside your domain generates more authority and attracts attention to your page. Web relevance, ranking is improved.
- Backlinks: closing partnerships with other domains of authority for articles that link to your site help a lot. The more links that point to your pages, the better your ranking on Google.
- Social signals: While Google does not consider followers, likes or shares within social media, they can indirectly help. Increasing brand mentions and visibility on the web, improving exposure and brand recognition are examples.
- Brand mentions: Like backlinks, mentions are also important to generate authority and create relevance.
Why use SEO on your website?
The internet is a place full of opportunities and offers the most diverse demands for business. But to stand out, you need to have visibility. SEO strategies can make your pages rank first in search engines.
Employing SEO techniques has a direct effect on your website traffic. More visitors equals more chances for new customers.
SEO guarantees a significant improvement in conversion rates. In other words, using SEO, we attract a lot more people who are part of the brand's target audience. With this, consumers with a real interest in purchasing your solutions come to you.
When you invest in the application of SEO techniques, you have a profitable return for the company. The greater the authority of your web pages, the better the ranking, visibility and number of visitors.
SEO strategies have to be thought of in the medium and long term. Results take a while to show up, but when done right, they will.
Increasing your website's authority is one of the most significant results of using an SEO strategy correctly. Authority has the power to make your website break through the barriers of the web and start being a part of people's lives.
The recommendation of your site becomes automatic. That is, if a customer trusts your brand, he remembers to point it to a friend or relative who needs it. This reminder is activated because he trusts your authority in the matter.
Relevant and quality content makes your brand a reference in your niche and for your users.
Pay attention to the fact that there is no point in executing just one strategy or another, this will not be able to bring results. It is necessary to plan all actions so that they are connected to each other and, obviously, for the results to be effective.
SEO is undoubtedly an essential tool for the quality of your website. We hope that after this article, it has become much easier to program it and generate the best results.